nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Cudrania and jujube

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Cudrania and jujube
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 12:34:36 EST

In a message dated 3/8/2011 9:35:07 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ramoyer@gmail.com writes:

> Don't know where you are getting you info, but in my experience Che
> (Cudrania) does not need a male. I'd try growing a 'female' and see
> what you get. Worked for me. More extensive discussion of this in
> the list archives.
> Richard Moyer

Hello Richard,

What size Che are you getting. Mine w/o a pollinator are seedless and
cherry size and I've been told they are bigger when a male is available.

I do have a few Jujube seed, seed case removed, from a seedling of unknown
seed parent. These fruits are smaller than many named varieties but have a
good flavor. Would share if anyone is looking for seed.

Jerry