nafex - Re: [NAFEX] source for 'Black Pearl' blackberry?

  • From: Caren Kirk <quirky@videotron.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] source for 'Black Pearl' blackberry?
  • Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 15:40:00 -0500

Melissa, I am glad you found some blackebrries to inspire you. I dream of blackberry hedgerows back in the UK and picking the tart, flavoursome fruit as we walked past. I depressed myself last night by trying to make an apple and blackberry pie with some guatemalan blackberries I found cheap at the supermarket. No depth of flavour at all.

I think I have "perron" growing in my yard, which wasn't bad last summer. Roll on the good weather so we can start tasting some real fruit from our own plants again!

Unfortunately Black Pearl would not be hardy enough for me to try, I hope you manage to get hold of one and good luck with the trial.

Regards,

Caren
St. Jerome, QC