nafex - Re: [NAFEX] apple cider press recommendations

  • From: Claude Jolicoeur <cjoli@gmc.ulaval.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] apple cider press recommendations
  • Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 12:15:59 -0500

A 11:12 11.03.06 -0500, vous avez écrit :
> I saved $600 by buying Correll's hardware and making my own exact
>likeness of Correll's press. I am disappointed with the grinder though.
>I'd like to be able to throw whole apples in it whatever the size (of
>apples) without having to cut them.

I haven't seen the Correll grinder working, so maybe I am talking through
my hat (excuse it, this is a translated French expression, I don't know if
it exists in English), but seeing the pictures my impression is that the
grinder rotor has a too small diameter to be really efficient.

See: https://picasaweb.google.com/cjoliprsf/AppleGrinder2010#
for a grinder that I built. It grinds a full bushell of apples in a little
over a minute... Notice the diameter of the grinder rotor.

Claude