nafex - Re: [NAFEX] apple cider press recommendations

  • From: Claude Jolicoeur <cjoli@gmc.ulaval.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] apple cider press recommendations
  • Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 10:29:52 -0500

I agree the Correll press looks quite nice, but it will not do the 5
bushels per run that Anton is requesting. At this size of 5 Bu, it is
substantially more than any of the hobbyist presses will yield.

I have a friend who is a small scale commercial grower and sells fresh
juice at this farm. He recently bought a Lanceman water press with an OESCO
grinder and is very pleased with his kit (see https://www.oescoinc.com/ ).
I have seen it in operation and I must say it works quite well. Its main
drawbacks in my view is the high water consumption, the requirement for
water pressure, and a slightly lower yield than from a hydraulic press.

Other alternatives are to use a shop press of the right size for your needs
and build or buy trays, clothes and racks to go with it.

Claude