nafex - Re: [NAFEX] apple cider press recommendations

  • From: "C. Waite Maclin" <waite8@gwi.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] apple cider press recommendations
  • Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 08:39:03 -0500

This is the press I just wrote about. Good luck. Waite, Maine zone 5
On Mar 4, 2011, at 9:28 PM, Bob Hartman wrote:

Have you looked at this one, http://www.applejournal.com/correll/price.htm
We have one and it is very solid and works great.

Bob
Western Washington

-----Original Message----- From: Anton Callaway
Sent: Friday, March 04, 2011 6:14 PM
To: NAFEX
Subject: [NAFEX] apple cider press recommendations

Anyone have favorite (or troublesome) apple juice-making equipment capable of handling at least 5 bushels of fruit/ run that they could comment on?

Seems the mills & presses I've been looking at are either huge commercial jobs or tiny and poorly-made things for hobbyists.

Anton
Zone 8
apricots in full bloom (2 weeks earlier than last year)