nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Jelly Crab apple scion wood

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Jelly Crab apple scion wood
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 06:38:10 EST

In a message dated 2/20/2011 1:48:45 AM Eastern Standard Time,
larizzo@charter.net writes:

> I would want the trees for Jelly - have been looking around here, but
> haven't found many good prospects.

Hello Lori,

Part of my property was a commercial orchard planted shortly after WWII. In
it were crab apple pollinators with larger fruit than this tree that in all
likely hood could have been sold for making jelly. Because this was planted
for commercial orcharding I suspect they were named varieties, but have no
clue. When they bloom the trees are beautifully covered and it's fragrance
is wonderful and can be smelled down wind 300 feet away. They are the most
fragrant of any trees here except Honey Locust.

I'll include a stick of it also. Any one else wanting it let me know.

Jerry

  • Re: [NAFEX] Jelly Crab apple scion wood, Jwlehman, 02/20/2011