nafex - [NAFEX] Keeping the NAFEX list on topic.

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@bellsouth.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Keeping the NAFEX list on topic.
  • Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 07:10:49 -0500

Nafex list subscribers:

I would like to end this thread on list management issues; I started it and we unfortunately lost a valued list subscriber because of that. Could we also eliminate all trivial chat and off topic messages,
i.e. take them to private email to help keep this forum strictly on topic as it has mostly been since it began, with a high signal to noise ratio.

Also, I was instructed to subscribe non NAFEX members to this list as well as bona fide members. So, those of you who are not in NAFEX should remember the purpose of this forum and respect the needs of those that are and are here with the intent of using the time they invest in list participation wisely. Trivial chit chat offers little or no appeal to must subscribers.

As for sending file attachments to this list and the load it imposes on subscribers with slow internet access:

1) I prefer allowing attachments up to 2 mb in size
2) If you are not a Nafex member and have access to dsl but turn it down
then I doubt you should be allowed any special consideration regarding attachments.
3) If you are a NAFEX member and have 56k dialup access and have a problem with attachments then please get in touch with me by private email at: lflj@bellsouth.net as I feel your needs deserve special consideration.
4) I hope soon to have a closed, non-public SMF webforum up and running for subscribers to this list only, to use specifically for upload and exchange of files attached to messages in threads, i.e. any size images, videos and various sorts of documents. I will announce this to the list once, as soon as it is ready for use. I hope to set this up at ibiblio (www.ibiblio.org/nafex/smf/nafex-forum) but it may have to be located elsewhere. Do I need permission from NAFEX to do this? Please reply to me privately about this (lflj@bellsouth.net).
5) I hope this will be my final admin message to this list; future ones will happen only in dire list emergencies.

Thanks very much for your help and feedback.

Lawrence London
Co-Admin NAFEX list
lflj@bellsouth.net