nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Dwarf Meyer Lemon in post overwintering

  • From: Chris Garriss <cgarriss@garriss.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Dwarf Meyer Lemon in post overwintering
  • Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2011 13:13:04 -0500

Sorry cannot post inline from my cell.

We had a Ponderosa lemon for another 35 years - started out life in a 15"
pot and ended up in a half whiskey barrel. Made great lemonade & pies. At
the time we lived 20 miles west of Baltimore. There were pictures of it in
the Baltimore Sun - would have been in the early 1980s. Used to put it
outside for summers, got hit by a very early cold snap. We had to get
quite inventive to support the lemons.

I'd like to have another, but no room for it - and outside is not an option
since I live pretty close to you Lawrence ...Moncure. Mostly I am apples ,
cherries and pears now. Lee Calhoun is about 12 miles from me.

Sorry for wandering off topic.