nafex - Re: [NAFEX] paw paw

  • From: Douglas Woodard <dwoodard@becon.org>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] paw paw
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 00:01:23 -0500

According to the map in "Trees in Canada" the native range of pawpaw in Michigan extends north to roughly the latitude of Lake St. Clair, and along the Lake Michigan shore roughly to about the latitutde of Grand Rapids, with a small outlying population a few miles more or less west of Saginaw.

Possibly the Michigan Nut Growers Association might be abe to provide more information:

http://www.michigannutgrowers.org

Doug Woodard
St. Catharines, Ontario