nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Pawpaw seed questions

  • From: mIEKAL aND <qazingulaza@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Pawpaw seed questions
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 16:48:03 -0600

If I were you I would get seeds from John Gordon in upstate NY. He
has both Pennsylvannia Golden & mixture of all his short season Pawpaw
seeds. PA Golden ripened fruit for me (8 years from seed) in
Southwest WI. Not sure it will ripen every year, but I did notice
that the unripe fruits left on the tree & picked before the first free
did ripe up in a brown paper bag pretty quickly.

Here's his website. He told me last year he didn't know how long he
was gonna continue sending material out.

http://www.reocities.com/nuttreegordon/0Kgordo9.htm

If you don't want to wait 8 years, I notice a few nurseries are
offered PA Golden grafted.

~mIEKAL