nafex - Re: [NAFEX] plant protection

  • From: Gary Masog <gary.masog@gci.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] plant protection
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 15:12:22 -0900

Interesting, but I disagree that it is global warming. DNR in Minn, if it is like
DNR Alaska are just a bunch of bureau-o-rats making jobs for themselves.
Regarding Trees dying in Alaska it primarily is a natural cycle. As the forest
age they succumb to die off, mainly by Spruce Bark Beetles up here. If the
forest are not thinned Nature will take care of it with Forest Fires or Beetles. As
the trees age they out grow the available moisture or minerals in the soils, and
weaken allowing the insects to kill them, or the winds to blow them over.
When I was young it was the fear of Global Cooling, Now it is Global Warming.
In my opinion it has been cooling allot in Anchorage, the last five years, and would
love to get back to those warm winters like we had in the Sixty.
We love global warming and you should to at -36. News just reported way more snow cover than normal in the lower 48?

Gary

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ernest Plutko" <ernestplutko@wiktel.com>