nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Sexing sea buckthorns

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Sexing sea buckthorns
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2011 18:08:29 EST

Hello Charles,

Dr. Maria Plekhanova who served as our translator on the 1991 NAFEX / VIR hort exchange trip and complied a booklet of descriptors on Hippophae rhamnoides common name Sea Buckthorn. She was working to develop it commercially. I have a copy of that booklet (printed 1993) which given to me a few years after our trip. In it are drawings of the pisstilate and staminate flowers. Their financial resources were very limited and the print is very poor. I've scanned that page into a PDF which is attached.

Hope this helps you.

Jerry