nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Pomona online

  • From: Bill Garthright <billg@inebraska.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Pomona online
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 13:12:15 -0600

Computers can be an awful waste of time

You've certainly got that right, Jim!  But reading Pomona is going to take time whether it's online or not. I understand that a paper copy is more useful for some people, but reading it still takes time.

For me, paper copies of magazines and such just tend to pile up. But I'd never say that reading them online wouldn't take time.

This is a transition - not just with Pomona - that's going to make a lot of people unhappy. Well, any change will do that. And considering the cost advantage in publishing online, I think it's a losing battle - for newspapers, magazines, newsletters, everything.

But I guess we'll see. I can't reliably predict the future any more than anyone else, but that seems to be what's happening.

PS. You might consider one of those electronic readers (Kindle, Nook, something like that?) if portability is important to you. I'm sure they can all read pdf files.

Bill
Lincoln, NE (zone 5)

http://garthright.blogspot.com/

--
Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggie" until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers