nafex - [NAFEX] Pomona online

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jimfruth@charter.net>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Pomona online
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 11:58:48 -0600

In response to my saying I wouldn't read Pomona online, Deb S. wrote: "That would be a shame. While I like print, the production and environmental costs just don't make sense in the digital age. I enjoy reading your articles and sure hope you will reconsider!"

Computers can be an awful waste of time and I currently spend two hours per day doing business and answering emails. That's enough! Any more time spent online means less work gets done and I'm usually behind on my tasks as it is. That is why I refuse to go on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. Now I'm supposed(?) to read Pomona online? Ain't gonna happen. Then, if I'm not reading it, I'm less likely to contribute articles.
I'd reconsider if I became more disabled than I am now and couldn't do my physical work. And, "What," you may ask "is so important that I can't find time to read Pomona online?" I'm developing No Sugar jams, jellies and syrups so diabetics, like me and my business helper, have delicious things to eat that cost about the same as our (Sugared) products. We grow all of the fruit that goes into our products and I spend the rest of the year growing, harvesting and selling.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Fruit Farm
4002 Davis Street
Pequot Lakes, MN 56472