nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Wild Prunus (North American plums and sour cherries) - taste reviews.

  • From: "V. Michael Bove, Jr." <vmb@teakettlefarm.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Wild Prunus (North American plums and sour cherries) - taste reviews.
  • Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 11:00:42 -0500

Some of those have more flesh and juice than you recall. There was a particularly nice stand of them near where I used to live and I made jam from them a few years. The process is as you might imagine not especially efficient but if you're patient the results are worth it.
Michael Bove
Teakettle Farm, Z6 (MA/RI border)