nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Drying Persimmons

  • From: "Dr. Lucky Pittman" <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: "'kc5gxc'" <kc5gxc@gmail.com>, "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Drying Persimmons
  • Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 14:15:14 -0600

Pete,
I had some not-quite ripe NC-10 persimmons that blew out of the tree early,
while still firm and astringent - yellow-orange but not quite with their
full orange color. I froze them, and pulled 'em out last weekend(to make
room in the freezer) - cut 'em into fourths and dried them - haven't had a
chance to taste them yet. I'll try some tonight to see if the astringency
is still present.

Lucky