nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Drying Persimmons

  • From: "Dr. Lucky Pittman" <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Drying Persimmons
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 09:32:22 -0600

My friend Lee B. peels, slices, and dries firm Rosseyanka (D.v.XD.k.hybrid)
fruits - before they've softened and lost their astringency. The dried
fruit slices are tasty, with no hint of astringency - and are a lighter
color than those I've dried once the fruits become soft and nonastringent,
by either slicing them in half or just 'squashing' them to the desired
thickness to allow drying.

Lucky