nafex - Re: [NAFEX] winter storage of apple trees

  • From: Matt Demmon <mdemmon@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] winter storage of apple trees
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 07:25:20 -0400

Jim, I would think it would work great. Now is the perfect time to
transplant trees here, and I assume the ground's not frozen even up
there yet. ;) I concur with Lucky, I wouldn't prune them unless you
have to for transportation reasons. They'll be fine over the winter,
and as long as you can water them in the spring, will appreciate the
extra leaves once they start growing.

-matt
z5 se MI