nafex - [NAFEX] more on bench grafting

  • From: Richard MURPHY <murphman108@msn.com>
  • To: nafex <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] more on bench grafting
  • Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 18:03:03 +0000

Hello Guys;

To clarify, I plan to cut scions in late winter and refrigerate them. In the following Spring, I now have scions, and small seedlings that are alive, dormant, having spent the winter in the nursery, and are still out there. Calipers range from 1/4" to 3/8"

Question: Should I dig them up for bench grafting as soon as the ground thaws, or wait until the bark slips to dig them?
               Does it make any difference?

Thanks to all who have chimed in.

Murph

R A Murphy Jr