nafex - [NAFEX] Scion Storage, frost dipping

  • From: Justin West <cjustinwest@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Scion Storage, frost dipping
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 11:31:10 -0700

Interesting idea making an anti freeze antifreeze chamber for the scions.  I had to wonder though if antifreeze (which i think is still made out of ethylene glycol) would have any of the same effects as the ethylene given off by ripe fruit where it to offgas somehow into the scion holding secondary chambers.

I have been very unfussy about the way I store my scions and have never had any real problems with them, except occasionally with shipped material.  I store in rolled up bags without ziplocks, without wet paper towels, and have not had any problems.  However, I have only been doing it since 2006 so I am sure I have a lot to learn

Justin
zone 7