nafex - [NAFEX] Sweet Cherry Scions

  • From: alexis@conev.org
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Sweet Cherry Scions
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 15:56:59 -0400

Thanks for the info about scion storage. Very helpful.
Last year someone told me hat sweet cherries work better fall grafted (budded). The grafted buds stay dormant all winter, and then grow in the spring. I tried it last year with Blackhearts, and got 60-70%. Not to bad for a first try. I have them going again this year. There is no scion storage at all in this case, as I just moved the buds from the big tree to the little trees. Not sure if this is standard practice.
Alexis