nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Scion Storage, frost dipping

  • From: "Mark Angermayer" <hangermayer@isp.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Scion Storage, frost dipping
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 09:35:46 -0500

Jerry,

We do keep fruit in the fridge on the bottom, and keep the scionwood at the
top. I understand where you're going w/ the question, but I thought
ethylene killed fruit buds, not cause them to break dormancy. Additionally,
I didn't think ethylene penetrates freezer bags very well.

Regarding the defrost timer, it probably has something to do w/ that.
Perhaps it's a weird factory setting, or maybe it sticks, as you mention.
Either way, we never notice the food gets warm, milk is always cold, and
have never seen any spoilage issues attributed to the fridge.

Most people don't seem to have problems w/ scions breaking bud in the
fridge, so I'm assuming it's something somewhat unique to our refridgerator.
However, I'm not completely alone in this. I've read where a few other
people had the same problem.

Mark