nafex - Re: [NAFEX] what should I plant

  • From: david liezen <chandos49@hotmail.com>
  • To: Nat'l Ass'n of Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] what should I plant
  • Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 17:33:44 +0000

So true: My first crop of Queen Cox came ripe this past week. Being a bud sport of Cox Orange Pippen, which is considered the sine qua non of English apples, tasting it should rank with the first kiss with the love of my life. If that were the case, I have ironclad proof English food isn't worth considering.
Climate in eastern Washington widely differs from anywhere in the UK, and the poor showing of Queen Cox in my back yard is mute evidence. It's the only apple tree around that looks shrivelled and crispy.
Someday I may taste a Cox apple where it grew happily.

Dave Liezen, zone 6