nafex - [NAFEX] Ugni molinae / Chilean Guava

  • From: Lisa Almarode <lisaalmarode@yahoo.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Ugni molinae / Chilean Guava
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 17:37:14 -0700 (PDT)

Any opinions on Chilean Guava? Flavor in particular... some say they are
delicious but I'm suspicious of flavor for little-known fruits.

I have a spot against the southern wall of a barn with a greenhouse to the
east, where I could fit in a smallish shrub. Originally I planned to put a
hardy citrus or fig there, but turns out I need something not more than 4'-5'
high. I don't know a lot of shrubs that would benefit from a sheltered spot.

Lisa in the Willamette Valley, Oregon

ps - there's no way to search the archives? I expect this fruit has got
mention at some point...