nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Bordeaux Mixture

  • From: david.maxwell@dal.ca
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Bordeaux Mixture
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 15:35:21 -0400

I discovered recently that, (at least here in NS, Canada), one can buy large
bags (1kg. - 2.2
lb.) of copper sulphate in the local agricultural co-op store, but not in the
horticulture section.
You go to the animal husbandry section and ask for it. It is used by people
raising hoofed
animals, who scatter it on the ground for the animals to walk through to
treat/prevent hoof
diseases. A 1 kg bag was around $13.