nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Cherry growth buds

  • From: Bob Bors <bob.bors@usask.ca>
  • To: 'North American Fruit Explorers' <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Cherry growth buds
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 20:54:47 -0600

I think cherries have rather 'dedicated' buds that are either vegetative or
fruiting.
I don't think they will switch, but maybe there is a dormant vegetative bud
in the area that will activate if you cut it back.

Dr. Bob Bors
Assistant Professor
Head of the Fruit Program
University of Saskatchewan, Plant Sciences Dept.
51 Campus Drive, Room 2C02
Saskatoon Saskatchewan, S7N 5A8

Fruit program website:
http://www.fruit.usask.ca