nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Plum or Apricot

  • From: Claude Jolicoeur <cjoli@gmc.ulaval.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Plum or Apricot
  • Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 18:52:35 -0400

Caren,
I would second most of what Douglas wrote...
On apricots, I have tried quite a few near Quebec, including Morden 604 and
Brookcot - all failed...

Dom.Damas would probably be the local Damas Bleue, or "prune du pays" - I
have it, the fruit is very small but excellent.

I also second the Mont-Royal plum recommendation - by far the best European
plum for our climate.

I have never tried Priscilla or Nova Easy Gro apples. I also second Doug's
suggestion to look at the wiki of grou.ps - I have done quite a bit on
it... Most of the pictures are from my orchard, but there is currently a
bug in the system and some of the pictures don't show up - this will be
fixed soon.

Claude