nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Availability of grafting wood from governmentrepositories

  • From: Kristine Naess <kristine.naess@lesbuissons.qc.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Availability of grafting wood from governmentrepositories
  • Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2010 11:26:16 -0400

Hello Sarah,

I would suggest you hook up with a plant breeder and participate in a participatory plant breeding project.  In this case the plant breeder would send material to several growers who would contribute time and land to the project. I'm not sure who all is working on cherry plums but I suspect Bob Bors may be and Brian Smith in Northern Wisconsin is working on all kinds of hardy prunus.  I would think also that NAFEX as an organization could ask for material - for exemple if 3 or 4 nafex members were interested in testing cherry plums under different conditions using the same protocoles and data taking methods.

All the best,
Kristine, NE Québec, foot or so of wet snow on the ground -exceptionally mild winter, spring coming on way too fast