nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Availability of grafting wood from government repositories

  • From: Michael Dossett <phainopepla@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Availability of grafting wood from government repositories
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 12:58:58 -0700 (PDT)

To echo what Jerry says,

I think there is a little discretion depending on the leader at the individual research unit/repository, but yes in general anyone here can request and recieve germplasm.  In circumstances of limited funding or limited availability of some material then requests are prioritized first to bona fide researchers and plant breeders.

Michael

Michael Dossett
Corvallis, Oregon
www.Mdossettphoto.com