nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Availability of grafting wood from government repositories

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Availability of grafting wood from government repositories
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 22:14:05 EDT

In a message dated 3/31/2010 9:17:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time, mijwiz@yahoo.com writes:

I'm down here in the US, and I just requested some strawberry germplasm from Corvallis, and I didn't need any particular credentials.

The USDA is taxpayer supported and their work belongs to the citizens. It has been my experience they don't ask for credentials, unless they are in short resources then they might qualify requestors. They are full well in tune with we amateur plant breeders and developers. Not everyone agrees with the USDA  always, but we should thank God for the USDA. Good luck on your breeding project.

Jerry

  • Re: [NAFEX] Availability of grafting wood from government repositories, Jwlehman, 03/31/2010