nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Availability of grafting wood from government repositories

  • From: Melissa Kacalanos <mijwiz@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Availability of grafting wood from government repositories
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 18:17:18 -0700 (PDT)

I'm down here in the US, and I just requested some strawberry germplasm from Corvallis, and I didn't need any particular credentials. Actually, first I corrected some errors they had in their catalog, since they had the ploidy wrong for a few accessions. This may have impressed them, I don't know. They thanked me for my corrections. Also, I made sure that these strawberries were available nowhere else. (At least, nowhere googleable.) I do have plans for a very specific breeding program, which I outlined. I'll let y'all know if anything comes of it.

Of course, different countries have different policies, so this doesn't necessarily have anything to do with Canada.

Melissa