nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Sea Buckthorn cultivars

  • From: John S <swim_at_svc@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Sea Buckthorn cultivars
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 16:33:57 -0800 (PST)

Rafter,  Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but One Green World is selling many different cultivars of sea buckthorn.  Over the past decade, I have purchased several types from them and would recommend you check their on line catalog at onegreenworld.com

My first sea buckthorn was just a common generic form.  The selections from OGW have much larger fruit and span a range of characteristics.  The ones I have so far I consider to be minimally thorned, but they do have thorns.  Perhaps an inquiry to OGW could produce the name of some thornless ones.

John