nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Zone Confusion

  • From: Dan Nave <nave1@comcast.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Zone Confusion
  • Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2010 18:18:00 -0600

OK, I found some good maps on the net.  Seems that 4a (-30 to -25F) or 4b (-25 to -20F) would probably be sufficient, 4a would certainly be safer than 4b, but 3 would be even better...

Looks like some of the plant suppliers are a little sloppy about their zones...

Dan

http://www.thegardenhelper.com/hardiness.htm

http://www.thegardenhelper.com/map/ushzmap.html

Ernest Plutko wrote:
380-220103072262531@wiktel.com" type="cite">
Zone 4 or zone 4b.  You can grow many fruit trees there without
winter-kill.