nafex - [NAFEX] Zone Confusion

  • From: Dan Nave <nave1@comcast.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Zone Confusion
  • Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2010 13:47:58 -0600

I have not been much of a gardener in the past, but recently have become quite enthusiastic about the possibility of growing fruit trees and shrubs (Twin Cities area, Minnesota). I don't have the best lot as it is not full sun, but have selected spots which should get 6 hours of sun a day, more or less...

Anyway, I am a bit confused about some of the Zone charts I have seen. Some put Minneapolis/St. Paul and most of Minnesota in Zone 3 and some in Zone 4, and some on the transition between the two.

What gives?

Dan