nafex - [NAFEX] apple scionwood wanted

  • From: "Michele Stanton" <6ducks@gmail.com>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] apple scionwood wanted
  • Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 12:08:30 -0500

Hi All,

I am looking for apple scionwood for a fruit crops class grafting project.

If any of you would be willing to donate some, we are happy to reimburse you for postage.

Or if one of you with a nursery can sell us some for a minimal charge, please let me know as well.

We need 20 total pieces.

ON another issue: Some of these are patented cultivars. Is it legal to graft our own as an educational activity if they are donated rather than purchased?

Desired cultivars include: Melrose, Pristine, Redfree, Priscilla, Jonafree, Liberty, Sir Prize, Enterprise, Goldrush, Dayton, Nova Easygro, or other disease-resistant cultivars suitable for zone 6a.

(Must have some fireblight resistance).

Thank you,

Michele Stanton, M.S.

Instructor of Horticulture

The University of Cincinnati

College of Engineering & Applied Science

Cincinnati, OH  45221

  • [NAFEX] apple scionwood wanted, Michele Stanton, 02/27/2010