nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Landscape fabric

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87@frontiernet.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Landscape fabric
  • Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 10:14:36 -0500

On Feb 27, 2010, at 9:51 AM, Jim Fruth wrote:

Heavy duty landscape fabric is FREE, if you know where to look. I don't
know how they do it in other States but, here in Minnesota, the stuff is
called "silt fence" and road construction people are required to use it to
prevent dirt from spilling into environmentally sensitive areas. When the
construction project is completed, they through the silt fence into the
dump. Last year I asked a contractor for 100' of it and he gave me 500'+ so
he didn't have to pay for it to go to the dump.

How clean is it?

Could it be contaminated with, for example, road salt, or herbicide residue?

This might I expect vary from one batch to another.