nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Nanking Cherries

  • From: "Judson L. Frisk" <JLFRISK@iowatelecom.net>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Nanking Cherries
  • Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 12:03:46 -0600

I usually got my Nanking from the Iowa DNR. They would fruit well for about
5 years then die. I always picked them by the handfuls as I mowed on my
riding lawn mower. Usually too small to do anything but snack on. Every so
often one will show up in the strangest places where the birds have seeded
them. Judson L. Frisk SW Iowa zone 5