nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Nanking Cherries

  • From: John S <swim_at_svc@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Nanking Cherries
  • Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 18:45:08 -0800 (PST)

I guess I must be lucky with the ones I have.  I have a white fruited one from Edible Landscaping that I like a lot as well as some of their red ones.  I echo your question but in a more general way.  Does anybody in the membership have or know of a source for better or selected varieties.

Lee Reich writes of some named types as well as some Nanking hybrids, but I have not heard of any sources for these that might exist presently.

The white ones have been ignored by birds so far, which is an advantage.