nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Wabash pawpaw

  • From: Alexander Brands <abb7@Lehigh.EDU>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Wabash pawpaw
  • Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 09:18:33 -0500

Larry,

I'll attempt to respond to your question about Wabash before you begin to think that no one is >reading your e-mail's or that your computer is broke. I have seen Wabash at the KYSU farm on numerous occasions and tasted the fruit. The fruit is of >good size and tastes great! I did not notice any Phyllosticta on the foliage or leaves. There >were no unusual growth characteristics. I believe that Wabash might be the best of the Peterson >pawpaws.

Ron

Last year I heard that two of the three "new" Peterson introductions (ie Wabash, Potomac, Allegheny) sometimes had a problem with splitting fruit, but the guy I heard this from wasn't sure which two. My guess would be Wabash and Potomac, since they have larger fruit, but I don't really know. Has anyone else heard this?

Alex