nafex - [NAFEX] honeyberry

  • From: Jay Cutts <orders@cuttsreviews.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] honeyberry
  • Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 18:11:25 -0700

I'm wondering about the susceptibility of honeyberry to getting smacked by early frost, which we have terrible problems with here in NM at 7000ft. Burnt Ridge says that some varieties (Blue Bird and Blue Belle) are very early but that others (Blue Moon, Blue Velvet) are later blooming.

Any ideas on whether the late blooming ones might make it? Guess I'm asking what other fruits the late blooming ones might compare to. Are we comparing honeyberries to apricots or honeyberries to apples? Help.

Best,

Jay

Jay Cutts
Cutts Graduate Reviews