nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Green Gage plum

  • From: Roy Johnson <royj157@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Green Gage plum
  • Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 10:51:23 -0800

I have a Damson x European Plum that is really cool--- even freestone.   The tree is a bit smaller than Italian Plums and the fruit is damson size, but less tannic and very sweet.  Makes great preserves.  Planted about 5 seedlings a few years back, and this one is by far the best.  The other two are clingstone like a Damson, though one of those has larger pear-shaped fruit, it is also a very vigorous tree, more than a normal Italian.