nafex - [NAFEX] Best Pawpaw varieties

  • From: Alexander Brands <abb7@Lehigh.EDU>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Best Pawpaw varieties
  • Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2010 15:20:02 -0500

Last fall I was lucky enough to taste Shenandoah, Susquehanna, and Allegheny. Shenandoah was clearly the mildest tasting of the three, while Susquehanna and Allegheny had a much more distinct paw paw flavor, which I prefer. The allegheny fruit were the smallest and seediest. All three were much much better than the wild paw paws I have eaten from 4 different stands.

Alex

  • [NAFEX] Best Pawpaw varieties, Alexander Brands, 02/04/2010