nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Recent Scottish raspberry breeding: Glen Lyon - a born again raspberry

  • From: John S <swim_at_svc@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Recent Scottish raspberry breeding: Glen Lyon - a born again raspberry
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 00:26:33 -0800 (PST)

I often wonder how tasters determine when the fruit is optimal for flavor given that there is variety regarding the length of time it may take for a selection to reach peak flavor.  Do early and late selections get excluded because they are early or late to optimum flavor?  Do tasters sample a single selection over a length of time?

John