nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Are all rhubarbs the same?

  • From: "Jay Cutts" <cutts@cuttsreviews.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Are all rhubarbs the same?
  • Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 12:55:25 MST

Stephen,

Thanks for your input. I could not taste any of the simple tastes you
mentioned. The rhubarb was not sprayed. It was from my own unsprayed garden.
I've read that zinc is implicated in taste. I had chewed a lot on the stems
and wondered if just that mechanical action had caused some damage.

There was no burning in the mouth or vomiting. The loss took a couple hours
to become complete.