nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Kumquat seed preservation? [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

  • From: Lee Reich <lreich@hvc.rr.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Kumquat seed preservation? [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
  • Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 19:41:20 -0500

I believe that they will produce apomictic seeds as you describe for mango, at least that's what I think citrus does. Apomictic seedlings also must go through a juvenile phase before beginning to bear fruit, just as sexual seedlings must.

Lee Reich, PhD

Books by Lee Reich:
A Northeast Gardener's Year
The Pruning Book