nafex - Re: [NAFEX] black currrants and persimmons

  • From: "Judson L. Frisk" <JLFRISK@IOWATELECOM.NET>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] black currrants and persimmons
  • Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 09:12:49 -0600

I have a Early Golden persimmon and do enjoy eating them raw.  They taste similar to butterscotch to me.  I try to wait until they drop on the ground and are fully ripe.  This year with our cool wet summer they are not ripening well.  Judson L. Frisk SW Iowa zone 5

My aunt always made a Persimmon Pudding (similar to a heavy pound cake) that was good with ice cream or whipped cream.