nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Quince clafoutis /pears with lemon

  • From: Sarah Kehler Ewing <skkewing@yahoo.com>
  • To: Anton Callaway <marillen@earthlink.net>, North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Quince clafoutis /pears with lemon
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 17:55:09 -0700 (PDT)

My mother-in-law always puts a single 1/4" thick slice of lemon in the bottom
of every quart jar of pears she cans. It is a different taste, but very
good: gives the pear a bit of tart which they lack. I agree that lemon works
very well with pears in any sort of pie/muffin/cake.

Sarah
zone 3
Edmonton, AB