nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Quince clafoutis - how about pears!

  • From: Anton Callaway <marillen@earthlink.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Quince clafoutis - how about pears!
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 20:36:07 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Taste is such a personal, subjective sense. I personally love the
combination of pears, especially pears like Kieffer, and lemon, including the
zest. If I can get organic Meyer lemons when I'm putting up pear preserves,
I include quite a bit of chopped lemon, rind and all (except the seeds, of
course). Mileage may vary.

Anton
Zone 8, North Carolina