nafex - [NAFEX] Asian Persimmon seedlings

  • From: "Bassem Samaan" <bassem@gardener.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Asian Persimmon seedlings
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 20:24:08 -0500

I have Hana Fuyu and Great wall planted close together. This year they are
loaded with fruit, and I noticed that they got seeds. Are these seeds a
result of a cross between the two variety? I'm not sure if any of those two
are known to produce male fruit. I was thinking of planting the seeds to see
what the fruit is going to be like.
Have anyone attempted to grow Asian Persimmon seedlings in colder parts of
the US?
I know of one variety called "Eureka" that is a seedling from an Asian
persimmon grown in the US, but haven't heard of many seedlings setting fruit.

Thanks,

Bass Samaan
Bethlehem, pa, zone 6
http://www.TreesofJoy.com