nafex - [NAFEX] Asian Persimmon seedlings

  • From: "nuttrees" <nuttrees@prtcnet.org>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Asian Persimmon seedlings
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 13:40:03 -0400

Bassem

The best persimmon I grow are seedling but not just any seedling.    Seed that was selected from the northern range of South Korea and Japan very hardy disease resistance and very vigorous growth.   Now of course I can not guarantee that your seedling will be cold hardy for you but I will Guarantee that some of the fruit will be as good or better that the parent tree but like my self you may have to grow out 50 seedling to make a selection from.

But you have to consider this point that every cultivar was a seedling at one time.

Thank you

Clifford England

England's Orchard and Nursery

316 KY HWY 2004

McKeeKY  40447

Specializing in Exotic Fruit and Nut trees for alternative crops.  Phone 606 965 2228 / 2270  Cell # 859 582 2114

On the web at www.nuttrees.net